Get ready to capture unbelievable panoramas and typical Dominican villages, visit the largest and most important church, and see schools and famous “colmado.” Drive across sugar cane and rice plantations. Learn why and how Spanish brought sugar cane culture in this island and the economic impact. See how they used a “trapiche,” a wheeled grinder pulled by oxen to extract the syrup of sugar cane. Ride our truck through the Anamuya mountain and have direct contact with the day to day life in the countryside.
What should you expect:
A fun-filled day where you get to immerse yourself in the Dominican culture guided by the friendliest staff. Horseback ride, try fresh sugar cane juice, learn how cigars are rolled, be welcomed at a Dominican house, have a delicious typical lunch, and end your day in one of the most beautiful beaches in the country.
This tour may take 8 hours total.
INCLUSIONS & LUNCH MENU
- Official guide.
- Transport by safari truck.
- Hotel pickup & Hotel Drop-off.
- Visit the Basilica Cathedral Nuestra Señora de la Altagracia.
- Lunch: white rice, dark rice with beans, chicken creole, beef creole, spaghetti pomodoro and salad bar.
- Water, soft drinks, beer and rum.
- Fresh fruits.
- 08:00-09:00 Pick-up directly in hotels.
- 09:30 Briefing from our tour guides about safety and the activities program for the day.
- 10:15 to our sponsored school, briefing of the educational program in the Dominican Republic.
- 10:45-11:45 Arrival to Typical Countryside House and explanation about the coffee, cacao and different fruits.
- 11:55-12:45 Arrival to our Mountain Ranch to enjoy a typical Dominican buffet.
- 13:00-14:30 Arrive to « Trapiche » for explanation about sugarcane, its process throughout the years and the different products.
- 15:00-15:45 Arrival to Macao beach, where you can catch a wave on a moray boogie board or relax while sipping “Cuba Libre”.
- 16:30 – 17:00 Approximate arrival back to hotels.
Note: The order of the activity might change depending on the operation of that day.
Pregnant women, people with heart conditions, back problems, disability and/or mobility problems cannot participate in this tour.